My Modern Mom Store

Tuesday

ehow article goals for Feb and March

So I've shared my opinions and earnings on ehow with you so I figured I should also share my goals. Especially since that was my one and only post that will contain exact numbers. I'm sure you understand.

So my goals for ehow are to continue to increase my earnings on ehow in the month of February. Then to take my earnings # whatever that may be on February 28th and to double it by the end of March. That is my minimum goal although of course I hope to do even better and my "true" goal is to triple my earnings in March.

How do I plan to meet this goal? Well #1 I will continue to do what I have been doing. Making new friends and of course reading and commenting on their articles as much as possible. I also plan to continue to learn more about good SEO techniques (Search Engine Optimization), and continue to submit my articles to the "Big 3" search engines manually. There is no quarantee that my articles will get listed but if I don't submit then it will definately take longer than if I do. The 3rd thing is that I have set an article goal. Now I mentioned in my other post that I started with 5 articles at the beggining of February and my goal is to have 100 articles written and published on ehow by the end of March. I'm currently at 29 so I feel I am well on my way to meeting that goal.

I have read some articles by other members that suggest writing on anything and everything and not to be concerned about the quality of their articles at first because it is most important to just put up numbers and your quality will improve naturally over time. I disagree. I have read some articles that had the potential to be really good and are filled with spelling and grammar mistakes and they just irritate me. I'm less likely to give them a good rating, and significantly less likely to return and read their articles again. I definately won't recommend them and I definately won't subscribe to them.

Now someone who consistently writes good quality relevant articles whether they be on childcare or kids activities or even recipes I will return and read, rate well, comment, recommend, and subscribe to their future articles because they have shown me the value of their work.

That is the category that I strive to be in and the category that I would bet makes the most money consistently. So how am I going to write 100 relevant well written articles in under 2 months? By writing on the topics I know best and supplementing them with recipes. I love to cook and I have 100s of recipes. Some of them are truly unique and I have recieved numerous compliments on over the years. Some of them have been handed down through my family and are just "to die for" in my opinion. And I'm not sharing. You will never find my Grandmother's recipes for coffee cake, rhubarb anything, or zuchini bread. I have several recipes that are from other sources that I'll share but not those. I've never met anyone who makes those items taste this good outside our family and I'm just not willing to share and have someone commercialize it. It may be selfish but that's just how I feel.

I have worked in anumber of industries over the years and plan to draw on my knowledge and experience from those jobs as well as my parenting experience to write my other articles. I have worked in pet stores, restaurants (and the MN state fair), as a Realtor, a small business owner, and for several chiropractors. Not to mention the family members and friends who have shared their experiences with me. These include teachers, car mechanics, organic health nuts, and carpet and flooring installation. Oh and I almost forgot window installation and sub contracting. (Sorry Dad) I feel that being able to draw from my own knowledge and theirs will allow me to reach and possibly even exceed my goals. Thanks for the support everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment